Thursday, December 6, 2012

12 Days of Christmas ....Gift Card Style


I love Christmas time, especially when it comes to my 8 year old son Austin. I try to do something different every year just to change it up a bit the older he gets. A couple of weeks ago we purchased him an Advent Calendar with the cute little chocolates in it. But of course just my luck the chocolate was old! Disappointed, by the old chocolate in the Advent Calendar, I decided why not make my own version. Well here we are 6 days into December and I had yet to put anything together; that is until I was out looking around this morning and ran across these awesome gift cards for kids at the local Dollar Tree. I thought to myself these would be perfect for an Advent but it's too late to start that. And then it dawned on me the 12 Days of Christmas....Gift Card Style! This idea is perfect for any age and you can use any type of gift card or even make your own cards.


Supplies needed:

Small Sacks 2" x 3 1/2"  - CaliforniaCraft 
Jute Twine - UpstatePrimitives  
Small Clothes Pins - moonbeamgifts 
Ribbon or Felt Cutouts for Clothes Pins - Hobby Lobby or Micheal's
Printable Number Labels - bisonbleu 
Elmer's Glue Stick
Hot Glue Gun
2" Hole Punch
Scissors
Gift Cards or Candy, Small Toys

 
 
 
 



Post a Comment